Why? Because being a led2serve Journey Leader allows you to use your gifts and skills to lead others. As a Journey Leader you will enjoy traveling with one of our teams and overseeing their pre-planned logistics during the week. You have the opportunity to work with led2serve community partners and support all efforts local to global. Journey leaders have all their expenses covered for the week and are paid a day rate to lead a team. You are investing your time and talents leading led2serve teams in the USA or Costa Rica.
A Journey Leader serves as the point person on Service Journeys for the entire team. Your main role is to travel with the team and oversee the details we've planned in advance with the partner location. You are not arranging details ahead, but you travel with the team and are the point person during their Journey. This could include coordinating between the established partner and led2serve regarding all aspects of the Journey. The focus is to equip and inspire the team, maintain partner relationships, as well as coordinate daily schedules and projects while you are there!
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older; unless approved by led2serve.
- Must model servant leadership; leading with authority while at the same time serving the needs of the group.
- Be able to communicate well with others, plan ahead and be a good problem-solver.
- Accepted applicants must fulfill Journey Leader Training requirements.
- Journey Leaders for Service Mission Journeys should be able to lead daily devotions for the team.
- Be CPR Certified.
- Have prior experience in leading teams, groups, events, or other relevant activities.
- Background check and letters of reference before acceptance can be approved.
Please note, led2serve reserves the right to accept or not accept applicants before, during or after fulfilling the above requirements.